Well, the non-stress was pretty uneventful. They monitored the baby’s heart rate for about 30 minutes and everything looked great. The hospital was pretty busy when we were there. The best part was that we ran into a couple from our Prenatal classes who had just had little baby boy names Aiden on Wednesday morning. Unfortunately Mom ended up with a C-section because the cord was wrapped around his neck a few times and was causing him to yo-yo up and down. But both Mom and Aiden are fine now; they were heading home this morning and Dad looked beyond ecstatic about their new addition. He was all excited that it might be time for us…but we assured him that our babe was taking his/her sweet ol’ time!

I was waiting till later today to blog hoping to have a further update from our midwives appointment this afternoon, but we didn’t end up having one because just as we were arriving there was a quickly progressing home birth happening and Sadie needed to rush out to help the first midwife who was already there. So instead Dale took me for a nice dinner at one of my favourite restaurants, Atlas. It was great. We had baked Brie and Roasted Garlic on Foccacia to start, I had the Mediterranean platter which includes their stellar Greek Salad and fantastic hummus, and Dale had a wrap, and then we finished with Belgian Chocolate Espresso Mousse. So super yummy….did I mention I love mousse? It’s this perfect mix of rich and delectable and smooth and light.

At the moment I’m having contractions about 6 to 8 minutes apart (and have been for the last hour and a half), but we’re trying not to get too excited in case they stop again. In any case, it would be prudent for Baby Campbell to wait at least a few more hours since I’m sure Sadie and Deb are still busy with the other home birth right now…and we’d really prefer not to have to go to the hospital.

Oh – and before I go, I just thought I would pass on a story to those of you who read my post on organizing your digital photos and having been meaning to get to it soon but aren’t quite there yet. One of my scrapbooking friends, Heather, recently had her computer hard drive fry on her and lost a whole ton of important photos, including her daughter’s first birthday. Luckily I had shared my method with Heather a while ago and she had some of her pics printed and/or backed up, but she still lost a lot. So…yet more reason for you not to delay! In case you missed my post the first time around you can find my method here. It really doesn’t matter what method you use – just use something so you don’t end up with no photos!

So – hopefully these contractions will keep going and tomorrow there will be much more exciting post, but given my track record I’m not getting my hopes up. In the meantime Dale and I are gonna chill on the couch and watch Supersize Me.